By Rev. Aaron Winkle, Head of School
Our heartbeat is to welcome all. Making LSA accessible through our sliding fee scale for tuition is just the first step. We are also committed supporting all students to flourish in their learning.
Here are nine ways that we support students at LSA:
- Restorative Practices: All staff are trained in this method to build community in the classroom and work through conflicts
- Second Step curriculum: Students learn to manage their emotions and build positive relationships. Necessary skills for life and to be ready for learning.
- Small Class sizes: Classes are capped at 22 students ensuring teachers can know and challenge each student to reach their full potential.
- Paraprofessional staff: four full-time staff who proactively come alongside students to assist each in meeting emotional, social, or behavioral challenges
- Title 1 tutoring: 30 hours a week of 1:1 tutoring in focused on math and reading provided by two trained educators.
- Volunteer tutors: 1:1 or small group tutoring provided weekly
- School social worker and school counselor: two professionals who volunteer their time every week to meet with students
- CLC Network: With specialization in inclusion education, CLC supports LSA by providing consultations with teachers, testing and evaluation for students and professional development opportunities.
- Partnership with Pine Rest: Through the school assistance program, staff, students and persons who live with them can be referred to receive three free counseling sessions.