2nd Grade Teacher
The 2nd grade teacher serves as the primary instructor, role model, and spiritual guide for the students in their class. We are seeking a teacher who is enthusiastic about Christ-centered education, passionate about working with children from diverse backgrounds and with diverse abilities, and committed to helping all students flourish.
B. Job Requirements and Responsibilities
Must have a Baccalaureate degree and a valid teaching license in the state of Michigan.
- Provide instruction that is distinctly Christian and accessible to a diverse group of learners.
- Provide quality instruction in the following subject areas: Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Bible, Handwriting, and Second Step (social-emotional).
- Maintain a safe, inclusive, learning environment that celebrates each individual student.
- Provide positive behavior support, manage classroom behaviors, and implement behavior plans when necessary.
- Contribute to the school wide community by maintaining a positive attitude, praying for other staff members and students, fulfilling recess and lunch duties, and serving on school committees as determined by the Head of School.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with unique learning needs using flexible
- Support Remote Learning if/when necessary.
- Develop positive relationships with parents and students built on mutual respect and trust.
- Assess student progress towards grade level standards and use assessment results to inform instruction.
- Maintain high expectations for all students regardless of their socio-economic background, race or ethnicity, family structure, or standard English proficiency.
- Model Christ-like behavior both in and outside of the classroom.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members.
- Promote the mission of Living Stones Academy both individually and institutionally.
- Protect all children from physical punishment or verbal abuse by anyone in any program activity,
and immediately report any such incident to the Head of School.
- Attend all professional development opportunities provided by Living Stones Academy or other agencies as recommended by the Head of School.
C. Job Classification and Compensation
This is a full-time, exempt position, meaning that it is exempt from the hourly wage and labor laws. Salary will be determined annually.